Are you passionate about sustainability and mobility? Do you want to work in a small team to realize Fynch’s ambitions with which we contribute to achieving the climate goals? Then we are looking for you!
Fynch is looking for an ambitious medior Python Developer who will help us develop and realize our commercial plans.
Let’s first introduce ourselves
Fynch is an impact-driven tech company based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Founded by Joris Smulders and Serge van den Berg, who combine more than 35 years of experience in smart mobility to make a difference.
In the management team, they are supported by Pieter Ennes in the role of CTO and Nina Driel as COO.
Our ambition? To support companies, organizations and individuals in achieving net zero emissions in mobility.
How do we approach this?
Fynch offers a mobility platform that combines behavioral science and technology. The innovative Fynch app automatically registers all employee trips and work-from-home days.
Fynch even recognizes when you cycle, walk, travel by public transport or by car. Based on this registration and the amount of reimbursements set by the employer, we automatically calculate the travel reimbursements.
In addition, app users are rewarded with Fynch coins for sustainable choices. These digital coins can be spent on a range of sustainable products and incentives. Insights into carbon emissions are calculated and displayed at the corporate level in the Fynch Data Platform.
This way we kill three birds with one stone: administrative simplification, stimulation of sustainable behavior and insight! This is how we make a difference compared to other initiatives.
About the Role as Python Developer
The Fynch app helps you instantly travel more sustainably and smarter by giving you insight into your travel behavior and rewarding you for more exercise and cleaner travel. Call it the Strava for sustainable mobility.
There are many opportunities to pursue but we need to develop our app to do so. As a Python Developer, you will contribute to this through maintenance and conceptualizing and implementing new solutions.
What profile we are looking for:
- You have an HBO or WO degree in a relevant field of study and already have a few years of work experience or you have proven relevant experience in developing applications in Python
- You enjoy learning and do not settle for a method or solution because it is the easiest way
- You have strong communication skills in both Dutch (optional) and English
- You feel responsible for the end product and like to go the extra mile to achieve our ambitions
- You can work independently but also understand that good cooperation with the rest of the team is crucial for a strong product
- You are flexible and enthusiastic about working in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of React or another modern frontend language and/or a willingness to grow in this area is a plus
- You have extensive experience with Python and ideally the Google Cloud Platform
- You are independent and function well in a self-managing team
- You are eager to learn and keep up with the latest developments
- Preferably available on a full-time basis, part-time (at least 32 hours) is also an option
These are the activities you can expect
- You will build and maintain the Python backends on the Google Cloud Platform
- You keep up to date with the latest technical developments and contribute solutions to technical problems
- You are a polyglot in the making, and you are not afraid to familiarize yourself with other programming languages to grow into a full-stack cloud developer
- You think proactively about solutions to make the platform more reliable and stable
- You will work on new functionalities together with your colleagues in the Scrum team, where you will take on the Python components.
- If frontend knowledge is present, you will also pick up some web frontend tasks here and there
What do we offer?
You will join an informal and innovative team, where your contribution is of great value. We are a small company, therefore you get a lot of responsibility, space to develop yourself, innovate and realize your own ideas. Our office is located in Utrecht.
Currently, the team consists of 11 employees. We embrace hybrid working, where we often meet at the office on Monday or Tuesday (dev day), otherwise, you can work at home or at the office according to your preference. At the office, we naturally have lunch together. We regularly participate in sporting events, organize a Christmas dinner at the end of the year, go on ski weekends and have monthly drinks together.
What else do we offer?
A very challenging position, with lots of independence and development opportunities in a small but fast-growing organization:
- A market-level salary
- Full-time employment (min. 80%) in a varied position in a motivated team
- 30 vacation days on a full-time basis
- Vacation pay
- Differentiated kilometer reimbursement for extra motivation for sustainable travel
- Space for personal development
- Flexible working hours
Fynch works exclusively with QSXL to recruit candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.